As Managing Director and Head of the Healthcare Finance Group at CapitalSource, Mr. Gilleland is responsible for leading the healthcare team in developing new financing opportunities for both healthcare real estate and asset based working capital transactions. In addition, he oversees the team's originations efforts and initial structuring of deals, as well as managing the closing of all new healthcare transactions. Mr. Gilleland has 20 years of healthcare finance experience–specifically in the senior housing and skilled nursing industries from a lending, financing and operations perspective. He joined CapitalSource in 2003 as a Director on the Healthcare Real Estate team. In the ensuing years he assumed greater leadership responsibilities within the group becoming a Senior Director, and then the Managing Director of Healthcare Development for the company at large. In his current role Mr. Gilleland is able to leverage his years of experience in the healthcare sector, as well as his meaningful relationships and the reputation he has built on CapitalSource's behalf over many years.
Prior to joining CapitalSource, Mr. Gilleland was a Vice President of Business Development for Centennial Healthcare where he executed senior housing, skilled nursing and home healthcare transactions. Prior to his experience at Centennial Healthcare, he served as Director of Marketing for Healthcare Capital Finance/ PRN Mortgage Capital for five years where he originated and closed senior housing and skilled nuring mortgage financings. From 1987 to 1993, he was a manager and senior accountant with the accounting firms of Price Waterhouse and Bennett/Thrasher.
- "Proving Your Worth: Finding Capital in Tight Times," McKnight's Long-Term Care News & Assisted Living, February 1, 2010
- "UpClose with CapitalSource's Steve Gilleland," GlobeSt.com, January 7, 2010
- "Expert Opinion: A Conversation with Steve Gilleland," The SeniorCare Investor; October 7, 2009
- McKnight's Long-Term Care News/Dealmakers Handbook for the NIC, September 2008
- "Davids vs. Goliaths," McKnight's Long-Term Care News & Assisted Living Supplement, Spring 2008
- "Solid Foundation," McKnight's Long-Term Care News & Assisted Living, March 12, 2008
- Panelist at several industry-sponsored events discussing various long-term care and senior housing market topics.