William Schmidt currently holds the position of Managing Director within CapitalSource’s Security Lending group. His primary responsibilities include developing new client relationships and structuring, underwriting, and funding transactions within the security and government services markets.
Prior to joining CapitalSource in 2004, Mr. Schmidt had broad financial and operational experience in the security alarm industry with positions at SLP Capital and Dealers Monitoring Acceptance Corp (DMAC). At SLP Capital, Mr. Schmidt held the position of Vice President of Dealer Relations, Senior Vice President of Embrasure and Senior Vice President of the Special Asset group. Prior to SLP Capital, Mr. Schmidt worked at DMAC, initially as a Regional Sales Manager and later as Director of Dealer Relations. In the latter position, his responsibilities included managing DMAC’s field service operation as well as managing all aspects of the acquisition of accounts from the DMAC dealer network.
- "Following the Money: Schmidt, Barnes and Christhilf Talk Deals, Valuations and Taxes,"
Security Systems News; December 12, 2012
- "Investors Bank on Security," Security Products and Technology News; July 2012
- "Hot Seat: Projecting 2012's Industry Performance," Security and Sales Integration,
February 17, 2012
- "What is My Company Worth?" SecurityInfoWatch.com, October 6, 2011
- “Devcon Secures $215m Credit Facility,” Security Systems News, July 13, 2011
- "ASG Closes $230m Line of Credit," Security Systems News, February 2011
- “Getting the Jump on Doing Security Services & Products Deals in 2011: Where to Source Them, How to Pick Them,” Capital Roundtable's Private Equity Investing In Security Services & Products Companies: Unlocking Opportunity from Steady Growth & Recurring Revenue Streams, May 2011–Panelist/Presenter